We believe in the authority of Scripture and that reading and studying the Word of God is an essential piece of the Christian life. Below is a list of some great resources to help you read and study.
Year 2 of Gateway Devotional
After several years of tireless study and writing, the author of our Gateway devotional has laid aside her pen to serve God in a different way. We want to continue to offer resources to help in your personal study of the Word, so please check out this list of resources recommended by our Gateway staff.
- The Daily Bread - available for free at the What’s Next wall
- My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers
- New Morning Mercies by Paul Tripp
Bible Reading Plans:
There are many excellent Bible reading plans available online. Whether you are just getting started making consistent time in the Word a habit, or you are striving to read through the Bible 4 times this year, doing a simple search online is easy to do. Here are a few plans or resources we recommend:
- Read the New Testament in 90 days (YouVersion Bible app - search for “The Cell Rule of Optina”)
- Bible in a Year - 1 OT and 1 NT reading per day (YouVersion Bible app - search “Bible in a Year”)
- Bible in a Year - a book at a time:
- 5x5x5 - Read the New Testament 5 days a week, for 5 minutes a day:
- YouVersion Bible app - hundreds of plans available