My name is Dick Schrock and I have been given the opportunity to be Gateway’s project manager on the Gateway North Main renovation project. Many of you have previously indicated a desire to assist in this renovation project as well. As things start to heat up on the many projects, I am starting up the volunteer portion of this effort.
Over the next 4-6 months, I will be needing individuals to assist in many projects, some of which are listed below. There will be opportunities for those that can assist during the week days, during some evenings and on Saturdays, so hopefully, if you want to serve, we can find a time that will work for you.
Here are the types of projects that I will be looking for volunteers for over the next few months:
- Potentially temporarily moving all of the pews during ceiling painting and then reattaching them
- Painting in many areas throughout the building
- Installation of carpet-squares in many areas throughout the building
- Various miscellaneous odds and ends
For those of you who are still interested in assisting in these type of activities, please let me know:
- Which of the above types of projects you feel that you would be interested in assisting with
- In general, which time periods your schedule generally allows you to assist
- Weekdays during the daytime
- Weekdays during the evenings
- Saturdays during the daytime
By giving me this information, do not feel like you are committing to anything, but rather assisting me in putting together lists of “potential” times when people might be available. Then when I need people for a specific task, I know who to ask and when might work best.
Thanks so much and I look forward to working with many of you in the near future.