There was a phrase I used, during the very first post for the Serve blog, that bears repeating. I mentioned that we talk about serving at church A LOT-which we do. And, that if you hear it enough, you may be thinking, “Sure, you just need a warm body to fill a role”...which is emphatically not the case.
The truth is, our desire for those who serve here at Gateway is simply for people to serve in the church, in a role consistent with their spiritual giftedness, talents and skills. When you do this, you will enjoy it, grow, and tell others about it! I’ve already discussed tools we have to help you figure that out, but here are some great examples of how this is playing out at Gateway:
- A Security Team serving area that is led by a 25+-year veteran of local law enforcement; longtime Gateway member, including several other like professionals and laypersons.
- A Medical Team serving area that is led by two, career Certified Nurse Practitioners; longtime Gateway members. Not to mention, a multitude of medical professionals across a variety of disciplines who participate.
- Several schoolteachers, current and former, who serve within various Kidway (children’s/youth ministry) areas.
- Construction, Interior decorators, florists who serve with set building and design, holiday setup and in other ways.
- Former professional sound/tech people who serve with our current worship/tech teams.
These are just a few examples of many who are serving in areas where, professionally and otherwise, God has most definitely wired them. So, how are you wired? Are you serving where God has planted you, according to that wiring? If so, that’s wonderful! But, if not, maybe it’s time to consider it. May God richly bless you as you seek to serve Him!