Who We are
We want you to know that we believe the Bible is the Word of God and that God is still in the business of saving souls and changing lives. We believe in eternal life, with two possibilities: heaven or hell. We believe that God has a wonderful plan for your life. So we are passionate about loving people by connecting them to Jesus Christ and to one another. We also believe that the good news should be presented in ways that are practical, inspirational, and faithful. If you want to know more, we invite you to visit us at one of our services.
You can request more information by calling our church office at 419.423.5947 or emailing us. And because we believe in the power of prayer, please know that our elders and staff are always available to pray with and for you. After any of our worship services, come forward to the stage area and someone will talk with you and pray with you – whatever the need may be.
To connect people to Jesus Christ and to one another.
To be a church that connects people to Jesus Christ and to one another, we aim to…
in a way that is Gospel-centered, contextual, and done with excellence.
through Word-based application and caring for one another.
the people in our church family.
into the world by equipping, partnering with, and sending members to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Joined Evangelical Presbyterian denomination and started meeting in the Humane Society of Findlay as Findlay Evangelical Church.
Started meeting at Wilson Vance
Gateway to add copy here.
Ben Borsay Retires from Gateway Church.
Twenty Year Celebration
Gateway to add copy here.
All Scripture is self-attesting and being Truth, requires our unreserved submission in all areas of life. The infallible Word of God, the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, is a complete and unified witness to God's redemptive acts culminating in the incarnation of the Living Word, the Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible, uniquely and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, is the supreme and final authority on all matters on which it speaks. On this sure foundation, we affirm these additional Essentials of our faith:
1. We believe in one God, the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. To him be all honor, glory and praise forever!
2. Jesus Christ, the living Word, became flesh through his miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and his virgin birth. He who is true God became true man united in one Person forever. He died on the cross, a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. On the third day, he arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He now is our High Priest and Mediator.
3. The Holy Spirit has come to glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to our hearts. He convicts us of sin and draws us to the Savior. Indwelling our hearts, he gives new life to us, empowers and imparts gifts to us for service. He instructs and guides us into all truth, and seals us for the day of redemption.
4. Being estranged from God and condemned by our sinfulness, our salvation is wholly dependent upon the work of God's free grace. God credits his righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, thereby justifying them in his sight. Only such as are born of the Holy Spirit and receive Jesus Christ become children of God and heirs of eternal life.
5. The true Church is composed of all persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ and the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit are united together in the body of Christ. The Church finds her visible, yet imperfect, expression in local congregations where the Word of God is preached in its purity and the sacraments are administered in their integrity; where scriptural discipline is practiced, and where loving fellowship is maintained. For her perfecting, she awaits the return of her Lord.
6. Jesus Christ will come again to the earth-personally, visibly, and bodily-to judge the living and the dead, and to consummate history and the eternal plan of God. "Even so, come, Lord Jesus." (Rev. 22:20)
7. The Lord Jesus Christ commands all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to make disciples of all nations. Obedience to the Great Commission requires total commitment to "Him who loved us and gave Himself for us." He calls us to a life of self-denying love and service. "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." (Eph. 2:10)
Explanatory Statement to "Essentials of Our Faith"
The Westminster Confession of Faith (WCF) is a confessional statement of orthodox Presbyterianism. The WCF is our standard of doctrine as found in Scripture. It is a positive statement of the Reformed Faith. The WCF constitutes a system of biblical truth that an officer of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC) is required to believe, acknowledging that each individual court has the freedom to allow exceptions which do not infringe upon the system of doctrine in the WCF."
Essentials of Our Faith" is an irenic statement of historic evangelicalism. The purpose of "Essentials of Our Faith" is to define core beliefs of the Christian Faith. It expresses historic Christian beliefs common to all true believers and churches throughout the world. "Essentials of Our Faith" is not intended to be the exclusive test of orthodoxy for ordination. It is not intended to be used as an explicit standard for minimal core beliefs for candidates, ordination or ministerial examinations. It is not to be construed as a substitute for the WCF.
Both the WCF and "Essentials of Our Faith" are important documents in the EPC. The WCF and "Essentials of Our Faith" are not alternative statements of truth, nor are they competitive statements of truth. They each serve important and harmonious purposes within the EPC. The WCF preserves our commitment to the historic orthodoxy of the Reformed Faith. The "Essentials of Our Faith" preserves our commitment to historic evangelicalism. For more on our essentials click here.